Spring Classics Tour
From sipping a pint of the world’s best beer at the very abbey it’s brewed, to riding the ancient cobbles and bergs the day before they test the mettle of the pros in the Tour of Flanders and Amstel Gold Races, our Spring Classics Tour delivers all of what makes Belgium the heart of cycling in Europe.
Dates: March 31 - April 11, 2022
Sitting in the very centre of Europe, Belgium showcases incredible contrasts, from ancient castles and bell towers to hip, modern restaurants and muesums. Our 11-night, 12-day Belgian tour is centred around what are widely recognized as two of the world’s greatest cycling races: The Ronde van Vlaanderen (Tour of Flanders) and the Amstel Gold Race. You’ll have the opportunity to ride the sportives the day before each of these famed Spring Classic races, and then watch the pros take on these gruelling courses the following day.
For the intervening week between these two classics, we will ride the storied roads and climbs of Flanders and the Ardenne – famed for their cobbled roads and short, punchy ‘bergs.’
Premium accommodations in Ghent (4 nights), Namur (4 nights), and Maastricht (3 nights) mean that each afternoon, you’ll return to luxurious, historical hotels ideally located to provide access to vibrant city centres and fantastic restaurants.
Friendly locals, some of the best comfort food on offer, and a true multilingual population means that each ride, every brewery tour, and all our evening excursions will leave you smiling, satiated, and excited about the next day’s ride.
- Sample some of the world’s greatest beers in breweries that have been making them for centuries;
- Ride the Koppenberg, the Oude Kwaremont and Muur van Geraardsbergen, among others, as you tick off some of cycling’s most storied cobble climbs;
- Explore the architecture of picturesque Ghent, from the 12th century Castle of the Counts to the authentic façades of the houses on the Graslei that tell the story of the medieval harbour;
- Ride sections of the infamous Tour de Flanders route, argueably the world’s most gruelling 1-day race;
- Dine on Carbonade Flamande while sipping Westvleteren after a day of riding perfect asphalt through Europe’s most extensive cycling network;
- Navigate steeple to steeple, connecting storybook towns though a land where cycling is in the blood of its residents.
- 11 nights luxury boutique accommodations, based on double occupancy;
- Hearty pre-ride breakfasts each day;
- Fully-guided daily rides;
- Transport and entry at ideal viewing spots to watch the Tour of Flanders and the Amstel Gold Race.
- Airport transfers to and from Brussels (BRU) airport;
- 1 set of Magic Places professional-grade cycling bibs and jersey;
- Our attentive and friendly customer service.
Optional Services Include:
Single occupancy room supplement: $1700
Carbon race bike rental: $590