November 23 – December 10, 2019
South Africa is a feast for the senses: day after day of stunning landscapes from rolling vineyards to awe-inspiring coastlines. Luxurious lodge and resort accommodation, incredible gourmet cuisine, and world famous wines make this undoubtedly our ‘Queen Tour.’
16 in stock
This unforgettable 18-day, 1,200-kilometre bicycle adventure lets you experience a remarkable country of amazing contrasts. The tour starts in Port Elizabeth. Our first event is a safari through Addo Elephant Park, a vast wilderness reserve. Have your camera ready for close-ups of roaming elephants, giraffes, antelopes and rhinos. The Garden Route along the Indian Ocean comes next. Famous for tropical forests, exotic birds and plants, reed-banked rivers and pristine beaches, it offers cyclists scenic and quiet alternate routes. Once we leave the coast at Mossel Bay, the road climbs over Robinson Pass and winds down into the land of the ostrich.
Called the Klein Karoo, this magnificent landscapes feature towering cliffs and clear streams and the abundance of trees and vegetation makes it one of South Africa’s most diverse natural regions. Our cycling journey then takes us through the winelands, a picturesque countryside dotted with vineyards, Cape Dutch homes, and historical villages such as Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Here, splendid wines are grown and top chefs create fine international cuisine for us to sample.
No words can adequately describe the scenic beauty that awaits us as we return to the coast, riding along spectacular roads hewn from the cliff on our way to the Cape of Good Hope, before riding along Chapman’s Peak Drive – arguably the world’s most beautiful road – on our way to vibrant, exciting Cape Town. Climbing famous Table Mountain at sunrise to look down on one of the world’s most beautiful cities is a fitting finale for this journey of a lifetime!
Are you ready for the ride of your life
- Enjoy a traditional South African braii (bbq) in the ranch house after spending a full day on safari, viewing Africa’s ‘big five’ in their natural habitats;
- Sip a glass of world-class pinotage while dining on an organic, farm-to-table feast at Val du Charon winery after riding the incomparable Bains Kloof pass.
- Ride your bike to the very tip of Africa and come face to face with the power and intensity of the mighty Atlantic Ocean.
- Race an ostrich down the road on your bike, or take a crack at actually riding one in the Klein Karoo!
- Ride Chapman’s Peak Drive, come home, and tell your friends you’ve ridden the most visually stunning coastal road in the world, period.
- Hike the ruggedly beautiful coastline of Tsitsikamma National Park, a lush garden of rainforest and jungle butting up against the crashing Indian Ocean.
Our Price Includes:
- 17 nights of accommodation in 4-star hotels or lodges
- Three healthy delicious meals each day plus snacks and non-alcoholic drinks
- All transfers in our comfortable 14-seater van, which also serves as a support vehicle each day
- Transport of luggage and bicycles in an enclosed trailer
- Fees to National Parks
- All activities, which are included in our program (safaris, wine tours etc.)
- One professional grade set of custom Magic Places cycling kit
- Our personalized and friendly service
November 23 – December 10, 2019